Articles on: Memberships

Why did you decide to limit the self-service time?

This was a tough decision for us. We LOVE telling people that we offer "unlimited" self-service. However, the reality is that 80% of our customers use LESS than 90-minutes per week, and the remaining 20% average LESS than 5 hours per week. Moreover, a very unfortunate side-effect of the unlimited option is that we found members were abusing the system by creating "placeholder" bookings. Simply because there was no penalty (or max usage), a lot of members were just booking out time and then not showing up. These "phantom bookings" would end up blocking out others, and this simply isn't fair to the larger community. By applying limits, members use only what they need, which creates more opportunity and availability for ALL our members.

Updated on: 03/26/2024

Was this article helpful?

Share your feedback


Thank you!